HVAC Spring Cleaning Checklist
Summer is right around the corner! And while we’re all looking forward to warmer weather and cookouts with the family, we’re definitely not looking forward to spending more time than we need to on maintenance. That’s why it’s so important to make sure your HVAC is in its pristine condition so that you’re prepared when that warm weather arrives. Here’s a quick checklist that you can use as a reference:
- Tune-up: It’s always best to have a little preventative maintenance done by having a qualified HVAC technician come by your home to make sure your system is running effectively. This not only lowers your odds of experiencing cooling problems later, but it can also save you some money on your utility bills.
- Ductwork: When it comes to your energy bills and comfort level, ductwork that’s leaky can really cost you. It’s best that you take a look at yours to ensure that ducts are properly sealed and insulated before you the heatwave of summer begins.
- Thermostat: A thermostat that’s programmable will give you increased comfort and help you save more on your energy bill. These are great because it allows you to set the temperature for custom times, so you won’t have to worry about wasting anything while you’re not at home to use it.
- Clean: It’s a good idea to clean up some of the debris that’s collected on the outside of your unit. If you want to be extra effective, you can also clean the outdoor coils by shutting off the power and hosing them down.
- Air Filter: Your filters should be changed once a month. Dirty air filters block the necessary airflow which causes the cooling system to work harder in order to maintain the same temperature.