Plumbing Maintenance Checklist: Get Ready For Winter
It’s as true in real life as it is in the fictional HBO show Game of Thrones…Winter is coming. And this winter, you’ll want to make sure you’re prepared when the cold weather comes your way. One problem you definitely want to avoid is plumbing issues, but luckily for you, there are some things you can to do prepare. Here’s a checklist of maintenance tips to consider before winter arrives:
- Open taps and drain any exterior water lines to ensure they don’t freeze.
- Consider pipe wrapping any water lines with insulation if you think they’re likely to freeze.
- Check the water heater and make sure it’s not outdated and ineffective. Replace it with a new one if it is.
- Check plumbing fixture and surrounding system any traces or evidence of water leaks. Nothing bites into a water bill faster than a leak.
- Clean all gunk and built up debris out of your gutters.
- Test your downspout’s functionality and make sure it’s cleaned.
When it comes to plumbing, you can never be too careful. So this winter, take the time to make sure you’re covered from potential issues and be as thorough as possible.
Featured image by Rex Babieravia Flickr