How To Turn Your Home Into A Romantic Retreat
The month of February is most famously known for the number one Hallmark Holiday in the world- Valentines Day. And while you might be thinking of where to go away for the weekend or where to make a dinner reservation, you might want to consider planning a romantic evening at home with your significant other. If you’re looking for some creative tips for your romantic Valentine’s Day at home, consider these:
- Cleanliness: A very important first step. Any great B&B or luxury hotel is always clean, so your home should be as well. If there’s a mess all over your house and things haven’t been picked up, it will be really hard to get caught up in the romance. Put in a lot of time beforehand to make sure everything is clean and you won’t regret it.
- Quality: If you’re trying to get your significant other to think of your home as a romantic getaway, you may need to invest in some luxury items to make everything feel more special. That could mean expensive bed sheets or other decorative touches around your home. It could even mean a catered meal from a 5-star restaurant. But the goal here is to impress.
- Warmth: Blankets, pillow shams, and a fire that never dies will only serve to assist you when you’re setting up your romantic evening. Again, the ultimate goal is for them to feel comfortable and carefree, and making sure they’re warm and toasty inside will do a lot to help.
- Sensory Details: Engage the senses in any way you can. This means having romantic music and scented candles readily available. However, don’t go overboard with this. Too much sensory stimulation can be overwhelming so make sure you only use a few subtle touches here and there for maximum effect.
- Peace & Quiet: Probably the most important step to ensuring you have a stress-free and relaxing time with your significant other. You won’t any distracting noises or sounds that will take away from your wonderful evening. If you have kids, this could mean dropping them off at a sitter or with relatives so you can enjoy a quiet night alone with your partner.